Budget 2020Posted October 11th, 2019
I was very happy to see an increase of funding of over €250 million for my Department in next year’s budget. With €2.6 billion for housing alone, this investment will see the social housing needs of over 27,500 additional households being met in 2020, of which in excess of 11,000 will have their needs met in a home provided by a local authority or Approved Housing Body.
The extra funding will allow us to better address homelessness, assist in providing affordable housing and improve the rental sector. See some of the main points below.
- €2.63 billion – 11% increase on 2019 and highest investment in housing by any Government in a single year
- Social housing needs of 27,517 households to be met in 2020
- 11,167 new homes will be added to the stock of social housing through build, acquisition and long-term leasing
- We will build 7,736 more social housing homes – more build homes than in any other year this century
- 5,500 adults and their children will exit homelessness
Continue reading here.
You can watch my Dáil speech here.
To see some of the main points from Budget 2020, go here.